Job Role Summary
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Mechanical (Fixed Equipment) Engineer to join our team at Fife Ethylene Plant. Situated near Edinburgh, the Fife Ethylene Plant at Mossmorran is one of the largest in Europe and is owned by ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, a subsidiary of ExxonMobil Corporation, the world’s largest publically traded oil and gas company.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan, private health care for employees and their families and, where applicable, relocation assistance. Onsite facilities, including a gym, make Fife an enjoyable place to work.
Job Role Responsibilities
Mechanical (Fixed Equipment) Engineers are responsible for providing specialist engineering, technical and safety orientated support to the Process, Maintenance and Projects Teams in matters relating to fixed equipment fitness for service including: repairs; upgrades / improvements; and failure analysis.
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold an engineering degree in mechanical or materials engineering, or an equivalent subject.
- Be, or be working towards being, a Chartered Engineer, as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent.
Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
- Static equipment inspection, maintenance and / or design
- Commonly used design and fabrication codes for pressure vessels and process piping e.g.
- Pressure vessels – ASME VIII
- Piping – ASME B 31.3
- Tanks – API 650
- Fitness for Service – API 579
- Mechanical design tools for pressure vessels and pipework to support design verification and fitness for service assessment.
- Materials engineering to the extent of being able to aid specification and/or assessment of suitable materials and their fabrication as part of the design or repair process.
Candidates who do not hold a degree in mechanical or materials engineering will also be considered where they:
- Have a relevant mechanical engineering qualification at Higher National Diploma level or above
- Can demonstrate on-going professional development / learning over multiple years
- Have a high degree of relevant experience in a petrochemical inspection role involving pressure systems and Pressure Safety Systems Regulations (PSSR).
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
Applications open on 29 March and close on 29 April. The first round of the interview process, which will be a telephone interview, will take place for selected candidates in May. Successful candidates will then be invited to final round interviews, comprising both technical and competency based assessments, following this.
Further information on ExxonMobil careers in the UK can be found in our Recruitment Brochure.
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.